"And I have found both freedom and safety in my madness, the freedom of loneliness and the safety from being understood, for those who understand us enslave something in us. But let me not be too proud of my safety. Even a Thief in a jail is safe from another thief. "

Khalil Gibran (How I Became a Madman)

Lübnan Marunîleri / Yasin Atlıoğlu

NEWS AND ARTICLES / HABERLER VE MAKALELER

Saturday, October 26, 2013

Why We Don't Care About Syria- Huffington Post

"We fear you are forgetting us." This is what Haya, a 10-year-old Syrian refugee who lost her father, told me last week. I was visiting refugees in the Jordanian city of Irbid and spent time with a group of children attending a school supported by World Vision.
Children have an ability to speak truths that many adults may prefer to keep quiet about. That's why Haya's words hit home. She said, "I am talking on behalf of Syrian children, calling on you -- the people of the world. Have you ever thought of the children of Syria?"