"And I have found both freedom and safety in my madness, the freedom of loneliness and the safety from being understood, for those who understand us enslave something in us. But let me not be too proud of my safety. Even a Thief in a jail is safe from another thief. "

Khalil Gibran (How I Became a Madman)

Lübnan Marunîleri / Yasin Atlıoğlu

NEWS AND ARTICLES / HABERLER VE MAKALELER

Friday, November 22, 2013

Will Lebanon Rise From The ‘Ashes’?- Arab Times

ON NOVEMBER 22 Lebanon celebrates the 70th anniversary of its independence. Today the Land of Cedars is trying to emerge from years of civil war (1975-1989) foreign occupations and invasions and now the consequences of the Syrian inferno. Lebanon has always been a favored prey to external interventions. Hosting more than 18 religious communities (Christian and Muslim) this small country on the Mediterranean has wetted the appetites of regional and global powers.