"And I have found both freedom and safety in my madness, the freedom of loneliness and the safety from being understood, for those who understand us enslave something in us. But let me not be too proud of my safety. Even a Thief in a jail is safe from another thief. "

Khalil Gibran (How I Became a Madman)

Lübnan Marunîleri / Yasin Atlıoğlu

NEWS AND ARTICLES / HABERLER VE MAKALELER

Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Lebanon to host 1.5mn Syria refugees, UN official says- PRESS TV


The United Nations has expressed concern over the rising number of Syrian refugees in Lebanon, saying the total is likely to reach 1.5 million by the end of 2014.

The figure accounts for one third of Lebanon’s estimated population of 4.5 million.

UN spokesman Stephane Dujarric said on Monday that more than one million Syrian refugees are registered with UN agencies in Lebanon, and 50,000 new arrivals keep signing up each month. 


http://www.presstv.ir/detail/2014/05/20/363365/lebanon-to-host-15mn-syria-refugees/