"And I have found both freedom and safety in my madness, the freedom of loneliness and the safety from being understood, for those who understand us enslave something in us. But let me not be too proud of my safety. Even a Thief in a jail is safe from another thief. "

Khalil Gibran (How I Became a Madman)

Lübnan Marunîleri / Yasin Atlıoğlu

NEWS AND ARTICLES / HABERLER VE MAKALELER

Friday, October 03, 2014

Syria aid efforts 'hampered by counter-terrorism police'- BBC News

Humanitarian efforts in Syria are being hampered by UK counter-terrorism measures, claims a Manchester doctor.
Police have said anyone travelling to and from Syria must be investigated to try to identify potential extremists.
Greater Manchester's chief constable Peter Fahy said this is "part of the difficult work we have to do".
But Shameela Islam-Zulfiqar, a doctor who has been questioned by police following aid trips to Syria, said the system was "draconian".
She told BBC Radio Manchester: "I was really made to feel I was partaking in some kind of criminal activity on my arrival back at Manchester Airport because I was questioned for hours whilst my family stood outside.