"And I have found both freedom and safety in my madness, the freedom of loneliness and the safety from being understood, for those who understand us enslave something in us. But let me not be too proud of my safety. Even a Thief in a jail is safe from another thief. "

Khalil Gibran (How I Became a Madman)

Lübnan Marunîleri / Yasin Atlıoğlu

NEWS AND ARTICLES / HABERLER VE MAKALELER

Friday, April 17, 2015

Frangieh would support Kahwagi term extension- Daily Star

BEIRUT: Marada Movement leader Sleiman Frangieh said he would support the extension of the term of Lebanese Army commander Gen. Jean Kahwagi in order to to avoid a vacuum in the military leadership.
“I support the appointment of Brig. Gen. Shamel Roukoz to the Army leadership,” Frangieh said in remarks published Friday by local daily As-Safir.
“But if this is not possible, and if I had to choose between Gen. Jean Kahwagi and vacuum, I would choose to extend Kahwagi’s term,” he said.
The current military council has already lost half of its members. Only three members of the council remain: Kahwagi, Army chief of staff Lt. Gen. Walid Salman, and Secretary-General of the Higher Defense Council Maj. Gen. Mohammad Khair.