"And I have found both freedom and safety in my madness, the freedom of loneliness and the safety from being understood, for those who understand us enslave something in us. But let me not be too proud of my safety. Even a Thief in a jail is safe from another thief. "

Khalil Gibran (How I Became a Madman)

Lübnan Marunîleri / Yasin Atlıoğlu

NEWS AND ARTICLES / HABERLER VE MAKALELER

Monday, June 22, 2015

Germany Frees Al-Jazeera Journalist Sought by Egypt- Naharnet

German authorities Monday released Al-Jazeera journalist Ahmed Mansour, two days after detaining him at the request of his native Egypt in a move that sparked outrage from rights groups.
"I'm free, I'm free, I'm free," Mansour exclaimed outside the Berlin prison, greeted by dozens of cheering supporters. "Thanks to people around the world who supported me in the last days!"
"We welcome this decision by the German prosecutor," said Al-Jazeera spokesman Hareth Adlouni, adding that all charges had been dropped against 52-year-old Mansour, one of the best known TV journalists in the Arabic world.
Berlin prosecutors in a short statement said they would not seek his extradition and had ordered Mansour's release, citing both "legal aspects and possible political-diplomatic concerns," without detailing them.