"And I have found both freedom and safety in my madness, the freedom of loneliness and the safety from being understood, for those who understand us enslave something in us. But let me not be too proud of my safety. Even a Thief in a jail is safe from another thief. "

Khalil Gibran (How I Became a Madman)

Lübnan Marunîleri / Yasin Atlıoğlu

NEWS AND ARTICLES / HABERLER VE MAKALELER

Thursday, January 12, 2017

Aoun 'Not in Favor' of Hizbullah's Syria Role, Says 'Competent Ministers' Discussing Saudi Military Grant- Naharnet

President Michel Aoun has announced that he is “not in favor” of Hizbullah's military intervention in neighboring Syria, while noting that the Saudi military grant is being discussed by the "competent ministers" of the two countries.
“We are preventing harm from being launched from Lebanon against any state and we're preventing the entry of terrorists from Syria into Lebanon and vice versa,” Aoun said in an interview with Al-Arabiya television that was recorded during his presence in Riyadh.
Noting that the decision by some Lebanese parties to take part in the Syrian war was not “the State's choice,” Aoun pointed out that he does not support this choice.
“As head of state, I do not have the right to side with anyone against anyone, because I represent all Lebanese,” the president added.